Greetings from Abilene, Texas and Kadesh! We arrived yesterday afternoon, hit the ground running, and really haven't stopped yet. I can see that this will get pretty intense before it's over, and I looking forward to being part of this.
I'm rooming with Jay Blackburn, who is the youth minister at Grace Crossing. For those of you who don't know, Jay is my niece's husband, which technically makes him my nephew-in-law. We're staying in the new Barrett dorm, which is not a bad place. The rooms are bigger than any college dorm I've ever been in, each room has its own bathroom, and there is a common area for each cluster of four rooms. I'm having a great time imagining that I'm an ACU college student.
We watched the movied Amazing Grace last night as a primer for the theme of Kadesh 2009, which is REVOLUTION. Don't let the title fool you - this movie is the perfect example of a personal and public revolution. If you haven't seen it then go out and rent it tonight. This is a great movie.
I lead the class session this morning, and my co-leader Meredith will lead this evening's session. I've been very impressed with Meredith so far. She's a summer intern at Grace Crossing, a junior to be at ACU, and an ACU Presidential Scholarship person.
I'm a little short on time because I have to get over to dinner at the "World Famous Bean" so I need to sign off. I try to post a little more information tomorrow.
1 comment:
Fun! Soak it in! ACU is the nest place on earth!!!
Post a Comment