Yesterday my good friend Ed Goforth - yes, that's his real name - gave me a new shirt that I can use when I'm interviewing (see pictures below). The front of the shirt assures prospective employers that there is no need to be concerned about my qualifications, and the back shows that my salary demands can be minimal if necessary. I can't wait to try out the shirt! Look our world!
Besides getting the great new shirt, Vicki and I did some other fun stuff yesterday. For starters we both went to the dentist to have our teeth cleaned - at the same time! There is nothing more romantic than sitting in adjacent cubicles in the dentist's office having your teeth scraped, polished and flossed at exactly the same time as your spouse. Try it some time. It's awesome!
Last night we went to the Astros game with the above mentioned Ed and his lovely wife Donna. It was the first time in 25 years that I have actually paid to attend a professional sporting event. Back in the good old days when I was gainfully employed there were always plenty of vendors and consultants who were more than anxious to provide free tickets to the Astros, Rockets and Texans. We even went to the Final Four in 2003. Now, however . . . nothing. No freebies. Zip. By the way, the Astros won in eleven innings, but we weren't there for the thrilling conclusion. Ed and Donna are both lightweights who can't stay awake past about 9:00.
Final item of big news. This afternoon we picked up the umbrella for our outdoor patio furniture. The ensemble is now complete and ready for outdoor fun. Now we'll be able to sit on the back deck in the middle of any 95 degree afternoon and not get broiled by the sun.
No comments:
Post a Comment