Friday, June 5, 2009

Today is Friday

Today was a great day, with lots of fun and excitement. I started my day by washing Vicki's car! Not only did I wash it, I also vacuumed the entire inside of the car. Pretty awesome, I know.

After the car washing, which I finished early to beat the heat, Vicki's decorator came over and we had a strategy session regarding our planned purchase of some new living room furniture. After much debate and soul searching we came to the shared conclusion that a couch and love seat would be more appropriate than two full size couches. My input was of course key to the final decision. Once the couch/love seat decision was finalized Vicki and the decorator were off to select fabric and order the funiture, which won't arrive by the way for 12 weeks! 12 weeks? Matress Mac would have a heart attack at this type of back-back-back order madness. During our wait-a-thon we'll make some decisions regarding the size and color of the ottoman. I'll keep everyone posted on our progress.

After the furniture session I headed for the yard to put down some grub killer. This is the time of the year in our neck of the woods when the grubs get busy on everyone's lawn, chewing on the roots of our St. Augustine grass and killing it from below. I really hate those grubs, which is why I'm doing my best to kill them. Nothing like large patches of dead brown grass in the middle of your lawn to ruin your day and make you want to kill some grubs.

When all the tasks of our heavy work day were finished we accepted an invitation to have dinner with our friends the Goforths (see yesterday's blog entry) and Randy and Rachel Curry. We all met up at Salt Grass for some fine grub (not to be confused with "grubs"). The best part about dinner was that Randy picked up the check. If I'd known that was going to happen I would have ordered my own dessert instead of sharing the one we ordered for the whole group. I'll be thinking ahead next time.

Tomorrow will be another big day for me. Vicki is hosting a bridal luncheon for Kayla's college roommate next Saturday. Given that I will not have returned from my Kedesh adventure in Abilene by that time, I will be doing all the stuff tomorrow that I would have been doing next week to get ready for the luncheon if I was here next week. Oh yes, I'll keep you posted next week regarding my total Kadesh experience. I'm a group leader, you know. I hope I get a cool group, otherwise it could be a long week. I need to figure out how to download pictures from my phone to my laptop so I can post the good ones. While I'm in Abilene I hope to get some time to drop by and see Jason and Lindsay. They're "expecting" you know.

No comments: