Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Job Search - Day One
Well, today was the day. I actually took my first action that was intended to secure new employment for myself. When I woke up this morning it occurred to me that even before I was liberated from Transocean I had decided that every day I would check the website for the Southwest Benefits Association, which has a section for benefits related job postings. Somehow the "every day" thing slipped my mind until this morning. This morning I checked the site and lo and behold there was a posting for a Benefits Manager. It was a six-month contract position, but it was still a possibility. I immediately emailed my resume to a lady with a really funny sounding last name. Within minutes I received a reply. The job had been filled, which wasn't too surprising given that the job was posted on April 13th. If I had only checked nine weeks ago! From now on I'll check the SWBA website every day. Well, maybe every other day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment