Monday, June 1, 2009

I Started Looking for a Job Today . . . Sort Of

I sort of started looking for a job today. I made a list of people whom I intend to contact someday and I updated my resume with my new email and cell phone number. At some future date I'll email my revised resume to the people on my contact list. Then, when I get really motivated I'll make some appointments to do some actual face-to-face networking. I'm looking forward to getting started . . . someday.

I did a few other productive things today. I rented one of those wheel things that you use to measure distances and measured the routes that I walk around the neighborhood. I knew the approximately distances, but now I have the satisfaction and security of knowing exactly how far I walk.

I also went out this evening and took some sunset pictures of the old Booth School, which is a few miles down the road in the tiny town of Booth. The school was built back in 1912. It's been closed for a long time but it's still in pretty good shape. I've been meaning to do this ever since we moved to Greatwood three years ago. If any on the pictures look good I'll put one on a future edition of the blog.

Tomorrow Vicki and I have plans to get out teeth cleaned - together! If we're not too worn out from all that excitement we might go to the Astros game. We'll play it by ear.

Oh, one more thing. I bought some sheet music today. I plan to start playing the piano again a little in my spare time. I took lessons for five or six years when I was a kid, but except for a few Christmas caroles every year I haven't played much for the last forty years or so.

No comments: