Not much going on for today's post so I thought I'd give everyone the benefit of my insight into two movies Vicki and I saw recently. They were both pretty good. Because we have extremely flexible schedules we have discovered that the only way to see a movie is to attend the first showing of the day (usually between 10:00 and 11:00 a.m.) on a week day. It's cheap and the theater is virtually empty. Best of all, no cells phones ringing, no obnoxious middle school kids making up their own dialogue, and nobody behind you translating from English to Spanish for their grandmother.
Angels and Demons - If you liked the book (I did) then you'll probably like the movie. The only problem for you book readers is that there's not much suspense because the movie follows the book almost to the letter. I'm still wondering how the Tom Hanks character makes it through the entire ordeal without dozing off. The entire story happens in one long day, and he starts it after at least a ten hour trans-Atlantic flight. Maybe he slept on the plane?
Night at the Museum, the Battle of the Smithsonian - I wasn't actually all that excited about seeing this one, but it turned out to be a really "cute" movie with a few really funny spots. I didn't see the first "Museum" installment, but it wasn't too difficult to figure out what was going on. Look for the cameos by half of the cast of The Office. I especially liked Able.
One final note, Bethany showed up for a last minute visit this afternoon while Cody is in Abilene checking out a potential job opportunity (don't mention this to anyone at Dell). After dinner we sat in our brand new patio furniture (see post from a few days ago) and ate some homemade cookies. Life is good! Oh, and a bonus movie note, we watched Bride Wars on TV. Not too bad for a chick-flick. And, no cell phones ringing, no obnoxious middle school kids, and nobody translating English into Spanish.
No comments:
Post a Comment