I was a Camp Kadesh group leader earlier this summer at Abilene Christian University. This is a camp for high school kids. It's advertised as a "leadership camp", and it's a fairly intense experience that forces the campers and the staff to examine their relationships with Jesus Christ. One of the things we did this year was to put together our "cardboard testimonies." Many of the kids had some pretty dramatic - and sometimes tragic - circumstances on their testimonies. Mine wasn't particularly dramatic or tragic, but just a little sobering. I realized that over the last few years I have spent most of my time concentrating on things that are about me - my job, my family, my house. my vacations, my . . . It occurred to me that I have spent very little time thinking and studying about eternal things, most specifically my relationship with Jesus Christ. So, as you can see below, the "recognition" side of my cardboard was "Less Me" and the "commitment" side was "More Him". I'm hoping that my license plate will be an every day reminder to spend less time thinking about me and more time thinking about Him. In the near future the state of Texas will start using seven digits on their license plates. Next year I think I'll apply for "MORE*HIM".


No comments:
Post a Comment