If you run into me this week be forewarned that I dyed my beard in accordance with Director Pam's instructions that she didn't want us to look like a bunch of old men on stage. I am not - I repeat am NOT - trying to fool anyone into thinking that I'm younger than I am. That said, I've been checking myself out in the mirror and the Just for Men five-minute formula does make me look at least 18 months younger.
(I'm on the far right in the burgundy shirt)
In addition to the show we also spent some family time together on Saturday. After Vicki made all of us a big waffle breakfast we headed out to Brazos Bend State Park for an afternoon of gator hunting and a picnic lunch. For some reason we had allowed the two days of cool weather that we had last week to fool us into thinking that summer was over. I don't know which season you are experiencing wherever you are, but at Brazos Bend it was still summer, in all of its humidity infested glory. But like good picnickers everywhere, we fought through adversity and had a good time in spite of the heat and a few pesky mosquitoes. We managed to spot a few alligators and also saw some gigantic birds who were wading around looking for fish in the drought-depleted lakes. There's nothing like watching a bird eat a fish!
The Freede girls leaning on a sign(NOTE: No alligators were fed or approached during the taking of this picture)
Sunday morning we all headed out to church at FCCC. With both daughters and both sons-in-law in attendance we took up our own row. Lance and Cody went to the Texans game on Sunday afternoon. I'm not sure what Vicki and the girls did. I took a three-hour nap (we theater people need lots of beauty rest) and then headed out for last night's performance. While I was gone we morphed back into an empty-nest family. Kayla and Lance flew back to Lubbock, and Bethany and Cody drove back to Round Rock. It was a short visit, but we'll see everyone again in two weeks at a wedding in Dallas.


No comments:
Post a Comment