To the disappointment of some I'm interrupting my Costa Rica travelogue to provide an equally fascinating update on my job search, which is actually starting to show some signs of life. This past Wednesday I had a long telephone interview with a large nuclear power generating company. The interview went well enough that they have invited me in for a formal face-to-face interview next Wednesday. The commute to this job would be quite long, and it would be a total change from my accustomed experience in the offshore drilling industry, but it sounds like an interesting opportunity in a fascinating business. Hot on the heels of this, I have another interview this morning with a small drilling company whose offices are in Greenway Plaza, actually in the building next door to my old place or incarceration at Transocean. The job they are looking to fill looks to be an almost exact match to my background and experience.
Thanks to those of you who has been praying for me over the last eight or nine months regarding my job search. I'd ask that as things unfold over the next week or so that you continue to pray that God will make clear to me what is the best direction for me to take in any decisions that may present themselves. I'll keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment