Now that I'm finished with the vacation documentary I can get on to some other stuff.
First of all, today is a big day for Bethany and H. Cody Girod. One year of wedded bliss! Yoo-hoo! They are a great couple and we wish them at least sixty more years together. It's hard to believe that it was a whole year ago that the Wedding of the Century - Part II took place down at the Magnolia Hotel. Actually, we just got the wedding video about three weeks ago, so I guess it does seem like a year. Anyway, congratulations Bethany and Cody. Keep up the good work.
I also have not one, but two of my spot-on movie reviews. I'll start with Did You Hear About the Morgans? with Sarah Jessica Parker and Hugh Grant. If you haven't yet seen this movie then take my advice and don't waste your money. It might be worth renting on a slow night, but it's definitely not worth $9.00. To me this was 93 minutes of trying to be clever and funny and not really succeeding on either front. Hugh Grant should consider retiring.
On a brighter and much more exciting note, you've got to see Avatar. I remember seeing the trailers for this movie a few months ago and thinking who would want to see this? But this is one of the most engaging action flicks I've ever seen. I'm not sure that the special effects were quite worth $400 million, but they were awesome. Lots of action, but no guts and gore. A few words of minor profanity, but nothing too offensive. You'll walk out of this movie asking yourself "How did they do that?" I recommend that you spring for the extra three bucks and see it in 3-D. If nothing else it's worth watching everyone walking out of the theater with the clunky 3-D glasses on. It looked like a nerd convention.
I have some big plans this week. In addition to what I hope will be a very productive job interview I also plan to replace a section of my wood fence. I'll take some before and after pictures. You for sure won't want to miss them.
No comments:
Post a Comment