re time and a few more rehearsals, Winter's Eve was a great show! Other than the few minor glitches that happen with any production - and which the audience doesn't even notice - this may have been the most entertaining Christmas show in the history of FCCC. Andy Pace did a fantastic job with the drama/comedy portion of the show (lead writer, director, and lead actor) and the FCCC chorus was absolutely amazing. I wasn't ready for them to stop singing. I had two segments in the show. First was my starring role - as Cowboy Dean Gunnard - in my very own commercial for Black Jack soda, which was aired on the big video screens. Second was my three minute live interview on the "radio." I just love the theater.

Yesterday I attended the retirement lunch for a lady I worked with for fourteen years at Global Marine, GlobalSantaFe and Transocean. It was kind of bittersweet go see so many people after being away for these last eight months. I certainly don't miss anything about Transocean, but I realized that I do miss a lot of the people there.
This has been a potentially promising week on the job seeking front. I got a call on Monday from a small drilling company located in Greenway Plaza. They informed me that they liked my resume and just had a few "pre-screening" questions they were asking candidates before having them in for interviews. I think I got all the questions right, but I haven't heard back from them yet to schedule an actual interview. I also heard from the South Texas Project, which those of you in Houston may know is the nuclear power plant near Bay City (actually the small town of Wadsworth). Once again, I had a brief phone interview with the news that I'd made the "top six" and real interviews would be scheduled shortly after the first of the year. This sounds like it would be a very interesting place to work, but I'm not sure about the 72 mile commute. However, I was assured that there is a van pool that leaves from Sugar Land, and they work four ten-hour days and are off every Friday. We'll see.
On Tuesday night Vicki and I ventured forth into the world of outdoor home Christmas decorating judging. We were one of several teams that judged Best Decorated House, Honorable Mention Decorated House, and Best Decorated Street in the various neighborhoods of Greatwood. All in all we enjoyed the experience, although after awhile it's difficult to make distinctions between the entertainment and aesthetic values of candy canes, snowmen, and Santa Claus motifs. We were especially tickled by the couple who won Best Decorated House in one of our neighborhoods. When I knocked on his door in the dark, clipboard in hand, the homeowner wasn't too anxious to open the door, choosing instead to peek through the side window on his door and shout suspiciously - "Exactly what to you want?" I answered "Your house won." It took a second, but when he realized what I was talking about he flung open the door and literally pulled me into the house while joyfully screaming to his wife and daughter "We won, we won, we WON!!!!!!!!!" His five year old daughter came running out in her Christmas pajamas, jumping up and down, clapping her hands. His wife came around the corner in her robe, also jumping up and down. I really hate to use these words, but the entire scene was just "so cute." The happy family then proceeded to show me around the inside of their house, which was also decorated to the max. I finally led them to their front yard, where Vicki was busy pounding in the sign announcing their victory. More jumping up and down. I told them that if they didn't settle down I would have to call 9-1-1. As we drove away they were literally dancing up their driveway, arm-in-arm, laughing. Ah, life's simple pleasures.
We are now in full countdown mode for our trip to Costa Rica. I just finished making the arrangements for our final excursion while we're at the raft trip jungle lodge - canyoneering. This will involve hiking and six rappels - one of which is a 90 foot rappel down a sheer rock canyon wall. I can't wait to get pictures of Kayla and Vicki's faces. I anticipate some squeamishness.
We might go see the movie Invictus today. If we go I'll be sure go give you one of my on-target movie reviews.
2 comments:
"squeamishness" huh!? I am going to venture to say that adventure twin is going to be the "squeamish" one!
Oh that was a fantastic video! I loved it and wish I could have been at the show. You are a natural.
Post a Comment