Maybe I was a little too pessimistic about FCCC's Winter's Eve production. As usual, things just seem to come together really quickly at the end. After last night's marathon dress rehearsal - almost four hours - the show is actually looking pretty good. Last night was the first rehearsal that included the musical acts - which had been rehearsing on their own, and which were great. I especially liked the I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas number. The drama/comedy/play part of the show that we've been rehearsing is really just filler between the music talent, although I'm pleased with the potential entertainment value of my character - Cowboy Dean Gunnard. I'm not saying the Cowboy Dean video will be the hit of the show, but I do think it's pretty funny, especially the part where I draw my trusty six-shooter and blast the bottle cap off a genuine Black Jack soda (you have to show up to understand). Also, last night was the first time we got to see the total set and auditorium decorations, and taken together they are quite festive.
So, please don't let the misgivings in my prior blog posts deter you from taking in Winter's Eve. Two shows, this Saturday and Sunday evenings, show time 7:00 pm both nights. And did I mention that there will be a gigantic variety of gourmet Christmas treats available of consumption by the audience both nights? If this year is like past years, the goodies alone will be worth the price of admission.
No comments:
Post a Comment