Monday, October 5, 2009

It's All Over - I'm Normal Again

After thirty-one rehearsals and five performances it's all over. My life as a theater person has come to an end, with little chance that it will be resurrected at any time in the future. But, it sure was fun while it lasted. I had my fifteen minutes of fame. Actually, my solo only lasted four minutes and seventeen seconds, but who was counting? I'd like to take this time to thank my family, friends and neighbors who encouraged me during this entire project and who had such positive things to say about the show. A special thanks goes out to Vicki for enduring listening to me sing Joseph songs over and over again for the better part of three months, and then actually showing up to watch the show not once, but three times! The following are some pictures from the show. You'll notice that are mostly of me, which makes perfect sense given that this is my blog (and Vicki's too, but she has yet to make any posts and she wasn't in the show).

This is the world famous photo of the brothers when they
visited the Sphinx on their way to see Joseph for the first time -
"They've got corn, they've got meat, they've got fruit and drinks,
and if we have the time we could see the . . ."


Asher (a.k.a. me) as he sings about the
good old days in Canaan with Jacob and his brothers.

"Do you remember those good years in Canaan . . . "

"It's funny, but since we lost Joseph . . .
we've gone to the other extreme . . ."

Calypso Asher (check out the awesome hat).

My ten seconds of dramatic interpretation -
"When I think of his last great battle, a lump comes to my throat!"
(Being dramatic is difficult when you're wearing a red sequined
vest and holding a cowboy hat)

I actually have a CD with over 300 pictures of the show (relax, I'm not in all of them). If you're ever in the greater Sugar Land area and you have lots of time to kill feel free to drop by and we can run through all of the show pictures.
Now that the show is over it's back to being just another unemployed guy with a run of the mill life. I'm hoping that some type of job lead surfaces soon. Which reminds me of a comment from one of my "friends" after the show, which was "After watching you sing and dance I think you should keep your day job. Oops, I forgot - you don't have a day job!"
It's nice to have friends.

No comments: