Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I'm Addicted to Facebook (NOT!)

As do many of you, I have an account on Facebook. Bethany decided during one of her visits home a few months ago that I needed to be a Facebook person, so she set up an account for me. I don't look at Facebook much - usually only when someone wants to be my "friend". It's nice to have friends, even if a lot of them are the adolescent children of people who are my age. Anyway, this morning I was accepting my most recent friend and I actually took some time to read some of the posts other people had made. Now, I don't want this to sound mean-spirited or anything, but . . . get real! I thought that I had a boring, mundane life, but compared to some of the drivel I read on Facebook I'm a rock star. Here's a sample of a few of the most fascinating posts and my theoretical responses:

. . . sitting on my back porch drinking coffee. [Please provide more details regarding your porch.]
. . . my plane is fifteen minutes late. [Is that good or bad?]
. . . I'm about to have lunch. [Please let me know as soon as possible what you ordered.]
. . . I just scored 85,000 points on All That Glitters is Gold. [I just bowled a 237 on my Wii game so now I get a glittery bowling ball, which means that we are both into glitter!]
. . . I'm going to bed now. [I hope you wake up. If not, let me know.]

After reading these interesting posts I realize that I am waaay behind on keeping everyone updated on the minutia of my life. So, in a effort to catch up, here are some posts that will bring everyone up to speed:

. . . I'm heading to the kitchen for my first bowl of Cheerios. Actually they are Honey Nut Cheerios, but in the end a Cheerio is a Cheerio. FYI, I also like the newest addition to the Chreerios family, which is Banana Nut Cheerios. It's made with real banana flavoring and other artificial ingredients (including BHT to preserve freshness). Cereal is a great way to start your day, don't you think?

. . . just bought some stuff to kill the brown patch in my yard. Death to brown patch and all other lawn diseases! Don't you just hate lawn diseases?

. . . just dozed off watching The Doctors. I just hate that I missed it. It was about insomnia.

. . . just cut the toe nails on my right foot.

. . . just cut the toe nails on my left foot.

. . . just burped (must have been the Cheerios).

. . . just contemplated the meaning of life.

. . . just ate some ice cream when Vicki wasn't looking.

. . . just realized I forgot my Dad's birthday again for the 27th straight year. It's Vicki's fault for not reminding me.

. . . can you tell it's still raining, that I have nothing productive to do indoors, and that I'm really bored?

. . . just realized that I've been shirking my responsibilities to Facebook. I'll try to do better.

No comments: