Thursday, August 13, 2009

At Last! I Am a Trout Fisherman

Today was a big day for me! After three days of trying I finally caught at trout! A rainbow trout. Two of them, actually, but one was about the size of a pickle so I threw him back. The keeper I gave to a guy from the Denver area (I didn't catch his name) who gave me some instructions on how to catch a fish. He had already caught about ten fish by the time I asked him for some pointers. With my 5:43 deadline rapidly approaching the pressure was on and I rose to the challenge.

Earlier in the day Vicki and I went for our final foray into nature and took one last hike to the top of a small mountain. We hiked along the ridge until we came to an outcropping of rock that overlooked Lake Isabel (the site of my famous fish encounter a few hours later).

Today was our last day in Colorado and we had a great time. We leave for Sugar Land tomorrow morning bright and early after one last stop to visit our new best friends at the Amish Bakery downtown. Greg, if you're reading this - thanks for letting us hang out at your new crib for a few days. It was awesome.

After three days of trying I finally hauled in this behemoth.
My second catch was actually legal size.

Vicki at the summit overlooking her favorite lake - full of childhood memories.



No comments: