After sitting on the couch watching TV for almost three days I finally got started on rehabbing my injured left knee. First thing this morning I went to Ondrusek Sports Medicine. I started off with for some serious icing - with an inflatable ice pack that zipped around my leg and then was pumped full of air. It looks like a puffy cast when it's all charged up. After the icing I was instructed in five exercises that will keep my undamaged muscles in shape. I have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon on Wednesday afternoon, at which time I'll find out if surgery will be necessary.
I spent today back on the couch, doing my exercises and icing every two hours. It figures that on the coldest day of the year I'd be in a giant ice pack for most of the day. Vicki heightened the experience by leaving the windows up in the house most of the day to take advantage of the cool, fresh air. By about 3:00 we were both frozen. The windows are now in the down position.
I'm looking forward (not) to two more days on the couch. I don't present the aura of an overly energetic person, but I typically enjoy being busy, so I expect that the next few days will be fairly trying for me. Maybe I'll read a book.
Speaking of books, there's a movie coming out this Friday called The Blind Side, which is based on the book of the same name. Lance passed this book on to me last summer after he finished it. If the movie is half as good as the book it should be good. FYI, the theme of the book/movie is football, but the real story is about an unprivileged kid who is taken in by an upper class family and makes a success of himself. I expect the movie will be a semi-chick flick hiding inside a football story. Something for everybody.
Nothing much happening on the job front. I remember posting a comment back on Memorial Day about finding a job by Labor Day. On Labor Day I envisioned gainful employment by Thanksgiving. I've revised my expectations to next Memorial Day.
Speaking of Thanksgiving, Vicki and I made the big decision today that we won't be bothering with a turkey this year. This year's holiday rotation call for both Bethany and Kayla to be with their in-laws, so putting together the usual gigantic Thanksgiving dinner seems a little pointless. We're planning to go out to dinner with Vicki's sister and brother-in-law (Cheryl and Bob for those of you who know them).
No comments:
Post a Comment