First of all, I'm still sick! It's now been three weeks and I still have whatever it is I have - sinus infection, bad cold, strep throat, swine flu? I don't know exactly what I have, but I wish it would go away. I called my doctor this morning and he phoned me in another antibiotic. Apparently the last one didn't work. This one is pink, the other one was white. Let's hope pink is the answer. Over the last few weeks I have amassed quite a collection of medications, both prescription and n[Photo]on-prescription. My favorite thing by far has been the Neti-Pot - the "Nasal Saline Wash System with Gravity Method, providing Natural Relief from Allergies & Sinus Symptoms."

What it actually is is a small plastic tea-pot looking thing that you use to pour a saline solution into your nose. You put the spout of the tea-pot into one nostril, lean forward, and pour in the solution, which runs through your sinuses and come out the other nostril. It sound pretty gross, but it's really not all that bad, and it works (to some extend). I'm considering grinding up one of my antibiotic pills, mixing it into the "99% pure, preservative-free sodium chloride and sodium bicarbonate solution" and then pouring this concoction into my nose. Isn't sodium chloride itself a preservative? Hmmm . . . Well, maybe I'll give things one more day.
Take a look at this picture below that was taken behind our office building at work. I knew there were alligators in the area, but nothing like this! It looks like the most dangerous thing about working in a nuclear plant isn't the radiation after all. And I thought that the "Gator Crossing" sign next to the sidewalk was a joke.
Tonight Vicki and I and nine of our guests will be attending the annual Second Mile Mission Center dinner and auction. This is Second Mile's biggest fund raiser, and they're expecting a crowd of 400. It will be nice to hang out with my old peeps from Second Mile. I kind of miss going down there on Thursdays.
No comments:
Post a Comment